This step by step guide outline how to install and maintain a STOREMASTA safety cabinet for optimum performance.
- Remove the packaging and take the safety cabinet off the wooden pallet.
- Position the cabinet in the required location.
- Scan the warranty registration QR code (or enter the link into your browser) and complete the STOREMASTA warranty application form.
- If venting is not required on your safety cabinet, the vent bungs should be kept tightly capped with the metal bung plugs supplied.
- If venting is required only an approved venting system should be used and fitted according to the requirements of your local regulatory authority. You can find more information on how to ventilate dangerous goods storage cabinets by downloading our FREE safety cabinet ventilation guide.
- Safety cabinet venting should never be manifolded through a series of dangerous goods storage cabinets. A ventilation system for a safety cabinet must never be connected to a standard laboratory hood.
- To ensure that the sequential door closing system works correctly, the safety cabinet must be installed on a level base.
- If doors are not closing and latching correctly, the appropriate corner of the cabinet should be lifted slightly and packed until the doors are level and latch automatically.
- These door closing speeds can be changed by using the adjustment screw on the hydraulic door closer itself.
- Ensure any spills within the cabinet are cleaned up immediately. If any dangerous goods spill into the sump of the cabinet, the floor of the cabinet must be removed and the sump must be cleaned immediately. If dangerous goods are left in the sump, they will start to fume.
- Regularly check the doors to ensure that the self-closing self-latching door mechanism is working correctly.
- If PVC spill trays are installed in your cabinet (metallic corrosive storage cabinet models only) ensure that the trays are kept clean on top and underneath the prevent corrosion.